Here are the typical needs that state that enterprise intranet is the need of the hour:
- Business needs across various departments for
- Collaboration, content authoring.
- Document Management, forms creation & workflow based approval.
- Shared calendars, Inter-department events.
- Integration with existing systems.
- No way to collaborate across departments (lack of collaboration workspace hinders stakeholder participation).
- Poorly implemented forms based applications implemented across departments, in disparate technologies.
- Silos of unstructured content & data stored on local machines/destinations without linkages that needs to be integrated & assimilated on one platform.
- Business Process Management for functional aspects of every team/department to drive automation & collaboration, e.g. HR interfaces with Accounts, Administration, IT, Payroll etc.
- Large number of online process, documents & data that can be digitized & leveraged through a common platform to save costs & time while driving efficiency & productivity.
Typical Intranet Pain Points/Needs/Gaps:
The need for intranets and/or pain points around existing enterprise intranets has significant impact on various business units as shown below:
Based on business needs and Intranet best practices, we have identified the following opportunities for HR teams. The table below illustrates the positive impact on business because of these recommendations:
Based on business needs and Intranet best practices, we have identified the following opportunities for the Operations/Projects group. The table below illustrates the positive impact on business because of these recommendations: